365 Days of Grief & Healing
McDonald Funeral Home's reputation for fine service began over 90 years ago when Claiborne McDonald started a funeral service and furniture store on West Canal Street in 1917. Shortly afterward, our founder devoted himself to the funeral profession full-time at a new location at Rester Street and Williams Avenue. Our firm has only changed locations once since its establishment at Rester Street and Williams Avenue. We moved to our present home at 401 West Canal Street in 1963.
Sons, Tom and Claiborne McDonald III, took over the funeral home upon our founder's death. Tom stayed with the firm up until retirement in the mid-1970's, and Claiborne operated the funeral home until his death in 1979.
The funeral home was owned by Edith McDonald, wife of Claiborne McDonaldIII until her death in 2008. At the time of Edith McDonald's death, her son Stephen L. McDonald, Sr. took over ownership along with his wife, Ann. Stephen marks the third generation of the McDonald family to operate the funeral home.
Serving the Community since 1917
A funeral brings together family and friends to honor and remember a special person. For decades, McDonald Funeral Home has served area families during their time of loss for over 94 years. Now in our fourth generation, McDonald Funeral Home continues to be Picayune and Pearl River Counties Oldest Most Trusted Funeral Home and the area's leader in funeral assistance by:
- Offering trustworthy at-need and pre-need funeral plans and services
- Maintaining a compassionate, full-time, licensed staff
- Continually training our professionals
- Making improvements and additions to our facility for increased family comfort
Our commitment has been recognized by distinguished associations:
- Better Business Association
- National Funeral Directors Association
- Mississippi Funeral Directors Association
- Cremation Association of North America (CANA)
- The International Order of the Golden Rule
- Charter members of The Greater Picayune Area Chamber of Commerce
- Active Member of the Picayune Kiwanis Club
- Picayune Mainstreet Association
These exclusive organizations select members that exemplify high standards of service quality and professionalism.